THE government has identified 39 sites across Metro Manila for flood catchment projects as it moves to increase temporary water storage amid heavier rainfall.
Palace Press Officer Clarissa A. Castro said the government received the shortlist from Dutch engineering consultancy Royal HaskoningDHV, which assessed potential locations for the projects.
The sites are in Parañaque, Quezon City, San Juan, Navotas, Pasay, Pateros, Malabon, Las Piñas and other parts of the National Capital Region, she told reporters on Thursday.
“So, 39 so far — these are the ones that have been selected,” she said in Filipino. “Hopefully, there will be no obstacles to implementing the project so that we can have places where rainwater can be temporarily collected, so that it does not overflow onto the road and cause flooding.”
Support authors and subscribe to content
This is premium stuff. Subscribe to read the entire article.





